[libvirt-users] Can't figure out how to restart VM after making config changes in virt-manager

Dominique Ramaekers dominique.ramaekers at cometal.be
Wed Jul 15 07:43:53 UTC 2015

In virt-manager, the 'open' button opens the screen of your guest. If your screen is blank, press a button to wake-up your screen. If still nothing appears, maybe your guest doesn't boot correctly??

To use the shutdown function, acpi needs to be enabled. On some OS's this isn't the standard setting and you will have to enable it yourself. But if your guest doesn't boot correctly, the acpi deamon (or equivalent) isn't started yet...

You can look for the ip with tools like tcpdump... But again, if your guest doesn't boot correctly, chances are that the network of your guest isn't up yet...

Dominique.