[libvirt-users] [Libvirt ] qemu+tls failed to verify peer's certificate

Dhaval_Shah1 at dell.com Dhaval_Shah1 at dell.com
Mon Jul 20 12:09:17 UTC 2015

Dell Customer Communication

Hi everyone,

I am trying to do a virsh using TLS Certificate. I am getting an error that "error: authentication failed: Failed to verify peer's certificate"
I am following the steps mentioned in the http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/TLSSetup
I have generated CA Certificate, client certificate and server certificate and placed them as mentioned in above site.
After that when I am trying to do a virsh it is failing. Please let me know if anyone has encountered this kind of issue.

virsh -c qemu+tls://172.14.5.6/system list
error: failed to connect to hypervisor
error: authentication failed: Failed to verify peer's certificate

Thanks & Regards,
Dhaval Shah