[libvirt-users] Missing "block-stream" command in qemu-kvm

Dallas Graves dallasg79 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 16:26:14 UTC 2015

Hi all,
I’m experiencing an interesting issue where I’m attempting to consolidate my snapshots’ backing images on my qemu-kvm install by way of the virsh blockpull and/or virsh blockcommit commands and receiving the error that my system can not locate the “block-stream” command.  I can’t seem to find much related to this issue by way of my Google research outside of some Bugzilla posts, which leads me to believe that perhaps I’ve missed something during my install, maybe there is an ancillary package I need to install?

I’m running qemu-kvm-0.12.1.2-2.448.el6_6.3.x86_64 with libvirt-0.10.2-29.el6_5.12.x86_64 on CentOS 6.6.

If anyone has experienced this issue before, advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dallas G.