[libvirt-users] Recommended change for the networking page in wiki

BJ taylors2004 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 20:56:13 UTC 2015

Laine, you make a fair point about the hack. You are right, until this is
natively supported by libvirt, I suppose it is a hack. I guess I've just
grown very accustomed to hacks in linux. :-) That said, it seems like I've
found the right person to look at the alterations I've made to the script.

If you think I should update the wiki page to show the changes I've made to
the script, I'll go ahead and do it. If you'd rather maintain it, I'm happy
to let you do so. The change does seem logical to me. The original DNAT
rule that it set up on my ubuntu machine basically said: "route port 80
traffic from anywhere to anywhere to the guest machine", which with that in
place prevented me from using apt-get on the guest machine. After I made
the change, everything seemed to work fine (port 80 traffic to the machine
as well as apt-get). Of course, I'm only testing this on Ubuntu, and that's
probably my biggest blind spot here. I have no idea if other distros might
be slightly different.

Thanks,
BJ