[libvirt-users] snapshots and vmdk

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Mon Jun 1 10:21:38 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jun 01, 2015 at 11:24:49AM +0200, Kashyap Chamarthy wrote:
> On Sat, May 30, 2015 at 02:35:51AM +0000, Boylan, Ross wrote:
> > Does libvirt support snapshotting when the virtual disk comes from a
> > vmdk file?

Also, Stefan Hajnoczi from the QEMU project, points out:

    QEMU's implementations of all formats besides raw, qcow2, and qed
    are designed for import/export.  They are not designed for
    high-performance parallel I/O which you want for running guests. So
    it works but it can be much slower than using raw/qcow2 only.

    So it works but it can be much slower than using raw/qcow2 only.

--
/kashyap