[libvirt-users] Bug in Snapshot Removing

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Mon Jun 1 14:06:10 UTC 2015

On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 10:56:40PM +0000, Soeren Malchow wrote:
> Dear all
>
> I am not sure if the mail just did not get any attention between all
> the mails and this time it is also going to the libvirt mailing list.

Saw your mails, but it was hard to parse them.

> I am experiencing a problem with VM becoming unresponsive when
> removing Snapshots (Live Merge) and i think there is a serious
> problem.

Can you do an independent live merge test just with plain libvirt and
explain how exactly you can trigger it?

For example, I wrote some notes here which I normally use to test live
disk image chain merge:

    http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Live-merge-an-entire-disk-image-chain-including-current-active-disk

Can you reproduce your bug when testing with a variant of the above?

--
/kashyap