[libvirt-users] "connect at power-on" NIC feature equivalent to that found in ESX

Ron Parker rparker at customerdirect.com
Wed Jun 24 22:50:47 UTC 2015

As a work-around, you can remove the NIC from the VM before starting it,
edit the network configuration files and then re-add the hardware.  This
has worked for me.

On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 1:49 PM, Ryan, Lyle <lyle.ryan at cubic.com> wrote:

>  With ESX and the vSphere Client, I can enable or disable a VM’s NIC to
> “connect at power-on”.
>
> This is very useful when cloning, since you can leave the NIC not
> connected, power-up the VM, connect to it’s console, and modify ifcfg-eth0
> etc, before bringing the VM online.
>

> Is there a virsh equivalent way of doing this.
>

> Thanks….Lyle

Ronald Parker
System Administrator
Customer Direct L.L.C.
P: 636-736-4017
F: 800-326-4249

and privileged information or otherwise protected by law. Any unauthorized
all copies of the original message.