[libvirt-users] Processor usage of qemu process.

Dominique Ramaekers dominique.ramaekers at cometal.be
Sun Mar 15 08:57:59 UTC 2015

Ok, thanks Andrey.

I experience a behavior that can be placed in your explanation (dough I certainly not a expert :-) ). If SQL guest has a CPU load of 5%, it takes up 50% on the host. Sometimes (late in the evening), the gest cpu load drops to almoust 0% and the host CPU-load drops to about 10% (same as the freshly installed server). So maybe due to the non-activity of the SQL-clients, the SQL-server goes in a kind of rest-state and stops polling for a while until a client accesses the database again or a maintenance plan is started...

I'll settle for now and stop tweaking.

Here below, a summary of tips:
- Setting video to QXL and the display channel to Spice
	<video>
		 <model type='qxl' ram='65536' vram='65536' heads='1'/>
		<address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x02' function='0x0'/>
	</video>
	<channel type='spicevmc'>
		<target type='virtio' name='com.redhat.spice.0'/>
		<address type='virtio-serial' controller='0' bus='0' port='1'/>
	</channel>
- Using HyperV enlightenemt timer
	<features>
		<hyperv>
			<relaxed state='on'/>
			<vapic state='on'/>
			<spinlocks state='on' retries='8191'/>
		</hyperv>
	 <features/>
	<clock ...>
		<timer name='hypervclock' present='yes'/>
	</clock>
- Delete the tablet entry in the input section

Again thanks Daniel and Andrey.