[libvirt-users] Channel Device virConnectListAllNodeDevices

Neel Basu neel.basu.z at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 07:21:06 UTC 2015

Hello,
I've added a Channel Device through virt-manager GUI. virsh dumpxml shows
the device as.

<channel type='unix'>
      <source mode='bind'
path='/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/channel/target/ubuntusaucy.marx'/>
      <target type='virtio' name='marx'/>
      <alias name='channel2'/>
      <address type='virtio-serial' controller='0' bus='0' port='3'/>
    </channel>

I am expecting virConnectListAllNodeDevices to have the device in its
output. But I don't see it there. Is it the right function to call ?

virNodeDevicePtr* devices;
int dev_count = virConnectListAllNodeDevices(conn, &devices, 0);
std::cout << "Devices: " << dev_count << std::endl;
for(virNodeDevicePtr* device = devices; device < devices+dev_count;
++device){
      std::cout << virNodeDeviceGetName(*device) << std::endl;
}

returns 66 devices but once I loop through devices I don't get any
corresponding name for the channel device.

Tried using

virConnectListAllNodeDevices(conn, &devices,
VIR_CONNECT_LIST_NODE_DEVICES_CAP_VPORTS);

returns 0 devices.

Thanks.