[libvirt-users] No package 'libvirt' found

Rudy YAYON ryayon at outlook.com
Sat Mar 28 23:25:47 UTC 2015

Hi,
  After successful libvirt compilation on Cygwin, I am trying to run virt-manage which requests LibvirtGLib:
$ virt-manager

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virt-manager", line 30, in <module>

    from gi.repository import LibvirtGLib

ImportError: cannot import name LibvirtGLib

  I understand that I need to compile libvirt-glib.  The problem is that I get the following error once running ./configure:

checking whether C compiler handles -fexceptions... yes

checking whether C compiler handles -fasynchronous-unwind-tables... yes

checking whether C compiler handles -fipa-pure-const... yes

checking whether C compiler handles -Wno-suggest-attribute=pure... yes

checking whether C compiler handles -Wno-suggest-attribute=const... yes

checking for LIBVIRT... no

configure: error: Package requirements (libvirt >= 0.10.2) were not met:

No package 'libvirt' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables LIBVIRT_CFLAGS

and LIBVIRT_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

  The only "libraries" I have been able to find are:

$ cp /usr/local/bin/cygvirt-

cygvirt-0.dll       cygvirt-lxc-0.dll   cygvirt-qemu-0.dll

  Copying it to /usr/lib doesn't change anything.  Renaming these files from cygvirt* to libvirt* either.
  Any idea?
Cordialement,Rudy YAYON