[libvirt-users] Networking issues in host

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Mon Mar 30 11:31:06 UTC 2015

Since you have low expectations, I'll just try to point out the
obvious places to look at ;)

I'm not sure how stopping of libvirt works in Arch, but there _might_
be few things libvirt leaves running on purpose (i.e. that's not a
bug).  For example, if you have a network on autostart or some VM,
which I don't suppose you do, they might be running.  That's the case
of the default network for example.  Look if there's a dnsmasq running
or some iptables rules left out.  If yes, try destroying the network.
There is near-zero probability that this is the cause, but it's not
zero since there might be some dnsmasq bug, for example.  If that
doesn't help, just try looking at the differences libvirt's start/stop
does in the system instead of looking at what part of the system looks
busy (e.g. with atop).