[libvirt-users] Hyperv on windows 2012 R2 support in libvirt

doyensundu doyensundu at gmail.com
Mon May 4 10:24:29 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have been trying to work with libvirt apis to manage
hyper-v on windows 2012 r2 server.

I had taken patch a modified it to suite the latest code on GITHUB.

I could able to connect. But i don't know what else to do and how to use
the api's. There is no documentation.

I want to use/manage hyper-v to provision guest OS's, configure network,
create virtual switch etc.

I see few classes (
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc136822%28v=vs.85%29.aspx) have
been implemented in libvirt.
The classes include : Msvm_ComputerSystem, Msvm_ConcreteJob,
Msvm_MemorySettingData, Msvm_ProcessorSettingData,
Msvm_VirtualSystemSettingData, Win32_ComputerSystem, Win32_Processor.

I want to know how to use libvirt api's to connect, provision a guest os,
configure network.
Few examples/guidance would be helpful to me.

Thanks
surender