[libvirt-users] Proper way to reference a disk

Michael Schwager mschwager at mochotrading.com
Wed May 6 21:27:11 UTC 2015

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 4:14 PM, Eric Blake <eblake at redhat.com> wrote:

> > The source file / source dev thing really has me wondering.
> Hopefully I answered it.

​Yes you did, thanks.​

​Furthermore,​

> ​​which can give more accurate numbers when doing things like
> qcow2 format atop an LVM block device).

​...This has me intrigued. We are running qcow2 format in files, and the
instructions I've seen have you converting qcow2 to raw and then dd into
LVM. But is there an advantage to running qcow2 on LVM? Is there an example
of this in action?

Thanks again.

*- Mike Schwager*

*  Linux Network Engineer, Mocho Trading LLC*
*  312-646-4783 Phone    312-637-0011 Cell    312-957-9804 Fax*

--
This message is for the named person(s) use only. It may contain
confidential proprietary or legally privileged information. No