[libvirt-users] Drivers supporting space_hard_limit

Christian Haase c.haase at ifu.com
Thu May 7 11:45:08 UTC 2015

Hi,

In the XML documentation I found the element space_hard_limit for
filesystems [1]. Is this feature implemented for any constellation?

I try to use it with lxc 1.0.6-6 and libvirt 1.2.9-9 (all from debian
jessie):

<domain type='lxc' id='1234'>
  <devices>
    <emulator>/usr/lib/libvirt/libvirt_lxc</emulator>
    <filesystem type='mount' accessmode='passthrough'>
      <source dir='/tmp/libvirt/mnt'/>
      <target dir='/mnt'/>
      <space_hard_limit unit='bytes'>5242880</space_hard_limit>
    </filesystem>
  </devices>
</domain>

For testing I use dd if=/dev/zero of=/mnt/foo and ^C after a few gigabytes.

Is this a supported configuration? If yes, I can provide some more info
to reproduce, if not, I think this should be noted in the docs ("Only
used by ??? driver").

Thanks,
Christian

[1] http://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html#elementsFilesystems

--
ifu Hamburg - material flows and software
"We enable sustainable production."

ifu Hamburg GmbH
Max-Brauer-Allee 50 - 22765 Hamburg - Germany
fon: +49 40 480009-0 - fax: +49 40 480009-22 - email: info at ifu.com

Managing Director: Jan Hedemann - Commercial Register: Hamburg, HRB 52629
www.ifu.com - www.umberto.de - www.e-sankey.com