[libvirt-users] vnetX interface name persistence

Lucas Brasilino lrbbs at cin.ufpe.br
Fri May 8 15:31:34 UTC 2015

Hi!

I'm aware that (host side) vnetX are created when VM boots. But I'm trying to
figure out a way ti create a persistence in vnetX names. What I mean is,
say, I want to associate VMs vm0 to vnet0, vm1 to vnet1, vm2 to vnet2 and
so forth, no matter which order the VMs are booted. I looked around network
XML format, but did't find something...

Since I'm using Open vSwitch as bridge, and it is controlled by my OpenFlow
application, I can query for OF ports numbers based on port names
(interfaces names).
OVSDB can be used for such query, but the controller I'm
using, Pox, has a limited support to it (stills in development).

I'm using libvirt 1.0.5 and Qemu/KVM 1.4.2 on a Fedora 19 host.

Thanks a lot in advance.
--
Att
Lucas Brasilino