[libvirt-users] xl extra parameters equivalent for libvirt

Jim Fehlig jfehlig at suse.com
Mon May 18 19:02:32 UTC 2015

On 05/18/2015 11:35 AM, Emma Anderson wrote:
> hi,
>
> I use xl toolstack to manage vms on a Xen machine, and also pass some custom
> parameters when creating a vm, for example:
>
> xl create vm.cfg ' param="xyz" '

Documentation on create subcommand in the xl man page describes the 'key=value'
options as

key=value
It is possible to pass key=value pairs on the command line to provide options as if
they were written in the configuration file; these override whatever is in the
configfile.

> I am moving to libvirt for vm management. How I can pass those extra
> parameters using libvirt?

I'm not aware of similar functionality in libvirt.  You would need to customize
the domXML before feeding it to 'virsh create'.

Regards,
Jim