[libvirt-users] live vnc port change

Jiri Denemark jdenemar at redhat.com
Fri Nov 6 09:47:26 UTC 2015

On Fri, Nov 06, 2015 at 10:57:58 +0300, Fırat KÜÇÜK wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to live migrate a vm from one host to another host. Bu I got this
> error:
>
> error: internal error: process exited while connecting to monitor:
> 2015-11-06T07:53:59.006762Z qemu-system-x86_64: Failed to start VNC
> server on `0.0.0.0:3': Failed to bind socket: Address already in use

Did you explicitly ask for this port in the domain XML? What does the
<graphics> element in the domain XML look like? In case you explicitly
asked for port 3 I suggest switching to autoport to avoid similar issues
in the future.

> The same VNC port is in use at the destination host. Is it possible to
> change port address without rebooting the server?

Yes, you can change the port number while migrating:

- "virsh dumpxml --migratable VM > VM.xml"
- edit VM.xml and change the port number
- add "--xml VM.xml" option to you virsh migrate command

Jirka