[libvirt-users] XenServer Support

Martin Juhl mj at casalogic.dk
Wed Nov 25 10:57:26 UTC 2015

Hi

I'm trying to get libvirt/virsh to work with Citrix XenServer...

I have recompiled libvirt from RHEL7 (1.2.8+patches) with xenapi support.. and it seems to be working:

[root at dantooine etc]# virsh --debug=4 -c xenapi://192.168.60.82/?no_verify=1
Enter username for 192.168.60.82: root
Enter root's password for 192.168.60.82:
Velkommen til virsh, den interaktive terminal for virtualisering.

Skriv: 'help' for hjælp med kommandoer
       'quit' for at afslutte

virsh # list
Struct did not contain expected field hardware_platform_version.
Struct did not contain expected field hardware_platform_version.
Struct did not contain expected field hardware_platform_version.
Struct did not contain expected field hardware_platform_version.
Struct did not contain expected field hardware_platform_version.
Struct did not contain expected field hardware_platform_version.
Struct did not contain expected field hardware_platform_version.
Struct did not contain expected field hardware_platform_version.
Struct did not contain expected field hardware_platform_version.
Struct did not contain expected field hardware_platform_version.
 Id    Navn                           Tilstand
 0     Control domain on host: endor2.outerrim.lan kører
 3     CloudCity                      kører
 5     R2D2                           kører
 6     Naboo                          kører
 7     Jarjar                         kører
 8     Dantooine_NY                   kører
 9     Deathstar                      kører
 10    Vader                          kører
 11    Bespin                         kører
 12    Kessel                         kører

Now I want to be able to auto-login (to do scripting and Satellite 6)... But I can't get it to work...

My /etc/libvirt/auth.conf:

[root at dantooine etc]# cat /etc/libvirt/auth.conf
[credentials-endor]
authname=root
password=<password>

[auth-libvirt-192.168.60.82]
credentials=endor

I have also tried with "xen" and "xenapi" instead of libvirt... But I am still prompted for a user and password....

[root at dantooine etc]# virsh --debug=4 -c xenapi://192.168.60.82/?no_verify=1
Enter username for 192.168.60.82:

Can someone help me out here???

Thanks

/Martin