[libvirt-users] Libvirt from source problem

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Wed Oct 21 15:03:20 UTC 2015

On 10/21/2015 01:56 AM, Muhammad Asif wrote:
> Hi Geeks,
>
> When I install libvirt from source, there is no libvirtd. how can i start
> or restart libvirt deamon. Moreover it give some permission error. What
> issue can be.

Most likely, you didn't install it to the same place as the system
libvirtd, so you now have a mismatch in which libraries are being
searched vs. which ones are expected.

If you are intending for your self-build to replace the system version,
it's best to make sure that you pass the same ./configure options that
your system packager uses (on Fedora-based systems, './bootstrap
--system' will automate this for you; patches are welcome to make this
also work on Debian-based systems).

If you do not have a system version installed at all, then it is up to
you to start the daemon in the location where you installed it.

But without posting actual error messages, there's not much more we can
do to help you.