[libvirt-users] How to retrieve legacy cgroups location ?

Jean-Pierre Ribeauville jpribeauville at axway.com
Thu Oct 29 10:40:44 UTC 2015

Hi,

As told in "Control Groups Resource Management" libvirt page :
Legacy cgroups layout
Prior to libvirt 1.0.5, the cgroups layout created by libvirt was different from that described above, and did not allow for administrator customization. Libvirt used a fixed, 3-level hierarchy libvirt/{qemu,lxc}/$VMNAME which was rooted at the point in the hierarchy where libvirtd itself was located. So if libvirtd was placed at /system/libvirtd.service by systemd, the groups for each virtual machine / container would be located at /system/libvirtd.service/libvirt/{qemu,lxc}/$VMNAME. In addition to this, the QEMU drivers further child groups for each vCPU thread and the emulator thread(s). This leads to a hierarchy that looked like
I'm trying to retrieve this layout :

$ROOT

  +- system

      +- libvirtd.service

           +- libvirt

               +- qemu
               |   |
               |   +- vm1
               |   |   |
               |   |   +- emulator
               |   |   +- vcpu0
               |   |   +- vcpu1
               |   |
               |   +- vm2
               |   |   |
               |   |   +- emulator
               |   |   +- vcpu0
               |   |   +- vcpu1
               |   |
               |   +- vm3
               |       |
               |       +- emulator
               |       +- vcpu0
               |       +- vcpu1

How may I find where systemd has placed libvirtd ?

I use libvirt 0.10.2 on a RHEL6 2.6.32-431.el6.x86_64

Thx for help.

J.P. Ribeauville

P: +33.(0).1.47.17.20.49
.
Puteaux 3 Etage 5  Bureau 4

jpribeauville at axway.com<mailto:jpribeauville at axway.com>
http://www.axway.com<http://www.axway.com/>

P Pensez à l'environnement avant d'imprimer.