[libvirt-users] Creating network interfaces with specific name in LXC

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Fri Oct 30 15:02:11 UTC 2015

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 08:16:33PM +0530, Harish Vishwanath wrote:
>Hello
>
>I am trying to create interfaces within an LXC container with specific
>name. I am using the following XML:
>
>    <interface type='network' name='blah'>
>      <source network='dpbr_n_0'/>
>    </interface>

That name='' is not parsed, it won't get saved, it doesn't mean
anything to libvirt.  This particular configuration doesn't say much,
because type=network means all the settings will get set from the
network dpbr_n_0.  See https://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html for all
the things you can configure in <interface/> and what does each option
mean.