Re: [libvirt-users] Creating network interfaces with specific name in LXC

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 08:16:33PM +0530, Harish Vishwanath wrote:
Hello

I am trying to create interfaces within an LXC container with specific
name. I am using the following XML:

   <interface type='network' name='blah'>
     <source network='dpbr_n_0'/>
   </interface>

That name='' is not parsed, it won't get saved, it doesn't mean
anything to libvirt.  This particular configuration doesn't say much,
because type=network means all the settings will get set from the
network dpbr_n_0.  See https://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html for all
the things you can configure in <interface/> and what does each option
mean.

This doesn't seem to work; it always ends up creating interface with name
as "eth0".

I found some examples here:
http://libvirt.org/guide/html/Application_Development_Guide-Network_Interfaces-XML_Format.html

That uses interface type as "ethernet" and specifies name also, If I do
that, I get back an error while starting the container as "Unsupported
network type ethernet".

Appreciate your help.

Regards,
Harish