[libvirt-users] Creating network interfaces with specific name in LXC

Harish Vishwanath harish.shastry at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 16:39:51 UTC 2015

Thanks Martin. What I would like to achieve is govern the interface name
created within the container, so that my application can take different
actions on different interfaces (such as eth0, eth1 etc.,).

Libvirt's lxc driver seems to create interfaces as eth0, eth1 and so on,
when there are multiple <interface /> entries in the domain xml. How can I
request for a particular interface name?

I saw that in some of the examples in https://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html,
<source dev=" " network=" "> is specified. I tried setting the "dev"
attribute of source tag, but it doesn't look like that is being parsed and
stored either.

Regards,
Harish