[libvirt-users] libvirt 1.19: could not open drive file (permission denied)

crequill crequill at worldonline.fr
Wed Sep 16 07:19:53 UTC 2015

For gnome boxes, a pool already exists:

$ virsh pool-list
 Name                      State      Autostart
 default                     active     yes
 gnome-boxes          active     no

$ virsh vol-list gnome-boxes
 Name                 Path
 win7                   /home/crequill/.local/share/gnome-boxes/images/win7

$ ls -alh /home/crequill/.local/share/gnome-boxes/images/win7
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 60G 15 sept. 17:11
/home/crequill/.local/share/gnome-boxes/images/win7

With this and libvirt 1.19, I get:

2015-09-15T17:17:19.563181Z qemu-system-x86_64: -drive
file=/home/crequill/.local/share/gnome-boxes/images/win7,if=none,id=drive-virtio-disk0,format=raw:
Could not open '/home/crequill/.local/share/gnome-boxes/images/win7':
Permission denied

So, why this configuration is running with libvirt 1.18 and not with
libvirt 1.19 ?