[libvirt-users] Time syncing after VM suspend/resume

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Wed Sep 23 21:32:45 UTC 2015

Look into the "panic" option to ntpd - once the gap gets to big (such as
when the VM is suspended for a few hours) it goes into freewheel and
doesn't sync - its in the ntp docs.

ntpd doesn't work well (you get ages where a machine is way out of date,
or fails to sync ever.  I run either chrony (same problem) or ntpd and
run a script on startup to restart guest ntp/chrony from the host via ssh.

I don't think serious users suspend vm's much or this would have been
fixed long ago.

BillK