[libvirt-users] Fw: libvirtd service not starting

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Sat Sep 26 08:32:43 UTC 2015

On Sat, Sep 26, 2015 at 04:31:42AM +0000, Jonathan Rurka wrote:
>On Thursday, September 24, 2015 12:29 PM, Jonathan Rurka <jon.rurka at yahoo.com> wrote:
>Yes the "which libvirtd" and "sudo virt-host-validate" commands return correct values However, I am having a new problem now; "UEFI" is not selectable under firmware: http://i.imgur.com/O4ypOTX.png I do have VT-d enabled in my bios, my processor supports VT-d, and I am booting ubuntu in UEFI mode. The yellow triangle says "Libvirt did not detect any UEFI/OVMF firmware image installed on the host.". Another person instructed me to set the nvram opeion in /etc/libvirt/qemu.conf to where I have my OVMF placed (which I downloaded from https://www.kraxel.org/repos/jenkins/edk2/), however it hasn't helped. it is set to:

Please set your mail client to wrap those long lines, thank you.

>nvram = [
>"/usr/share/edk2.git/ovmf-x64/OVMF_pure-efi.fd:/usr/share/edk2.git/ovmf-x64/OVMF_VARS-pure-efi.fd"
>]

I assume these files exist in the system and you restarted libvirtd
after adding this option in the config file.

Then there's not much to tell just from the looks of it.  Is that the
latest libvirt you are trying?  Is there something about the nvram in
the output of 'virsh capabilitites'?  If all else fails, debug logs
should help [1]

Martin

[1] http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/DebugLogs