[libvirt-users] Using virDomainInterfaceAddresses

Laine Stump laine at laine.org
Fri Apr 1 21:04:10 UTC 2016

On 04/01/2016 12:49 PM, Marin Bek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use virDomainInterfaceAddresses to get interface info
> for XEN DOMs but keep getting following error:
>
> libvirt: Domain Config error : this function is not supported by the
> connection driver: virDomainInterfaceAddresses

That's because the libxl (xen) driver doesn't support that function.
It's currently only supported by the qemu driver.

> I tried recompiling libvirt with ./configure --with-interface
> --with-network and it all went fine but still no luck.

Although common sense could lead you to imply otherwise, the
virDomainInterfaceAddresses API is entirely unrelated to the interface
driver, and mostly unrelated to the network driver.

> Am i missing something?

Patches to make it work? :-) If you're a programmer and looking for a
project.... :-)