[libvirt-users] dynamic_ownership behavior with volumes

Hyeonseop Lee hyeonseop at ls-al.me
Sat Apr 2 02:09:22 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm having troubles with volume ownership.
When I configure domain with disk type='file', dynamic_ownership works
fine, the owner of image file changes into libvirt-qemu:kvm. However when I
add the image file as a libvirt volume (in default pool) and configure
domain with disk type=volume, the owner of image file remains root:root.
Actually, libvirt seems to be changing the owner into root:root even after
I manually changed it. Is this intended behavior?
If so, what is preferred way to set ownership of volume image files,
instead of running qemu as root?
FYI, I'm using libvirt 1.2.2 on Ubuntu 14.04.

Thank you!