[libvirt-users] Mapping physical interface to a container

Peter Steele pwsteele at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 22:17:33 UTC 2016

What I'm ultimately trying to accomplish is the Ubuntu/LXC based
instructions described at this link:

http://computingnote.blogspot.com/2013/07/set-up-networkings-between-linux.html?showComment=1461253896749#c5912606568282990028

This presumably provides a solution to the EC2 networking issue when
using LXC containers. These instructions are for Ubuntu and LXC, not
CentOS and libvirt-lxc. I've tried to map the instructions over to
equivalent operations in CentOS and libvirt but something isn't working.
My suspicion is this LXC config for mapping a physical interface on a
host to an interface on the container. The link

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Virtualization_Administration_Guide/sect-attch-nic-physdev.html

appears to be what I'm looking for but I'm not 100% sure if this in in
fact what I need. Am I on the right track with this?

Peter