[libvirt-users] LXC don't support network type of ethernet

Pradeep kumar topradeepyaduvanshi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 12:29:15 UTC 2016

Hi All,

Applied patch from below link in order to add ethernet network type support
to LXC.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2016-January/msg00318.html

Launching LXC based VM using openstack Icehouse release which uses libvirt
in background fails with below error:

LOG shows "*error : virNetDevVethCreate:196 : internal error: Failed to
allocate free veth pair after 10 attempts*" and also gives* ret == -1
for* *virNetDevVethCreate
which depicts that "**virNetDevVethCreate" failed.*

But by defining XML file manually using *virsh* *utility* I am able to
launch LXC based VM successfully with network type Ethernet.

*Something went wrong while launching the same with openstack nova. *

Please help as I am quite new to this virtualization world. Its urgent any
help/pointers are welcome.

Thanks
Pradeep Kumar

Regards