[libvirt-users] add external access to routed dnsmasq

Jeff jwamsc at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 20:24:54 UTC 2016

I have created a routed virtual network. From within the routed net,
DNS requests to the dnsmasq interface virbr2 work fine.

On the libvirt host, DNS requests to the dnsmasq interface virbr2 work fine.

I would like to allow external hosts, on the same network as the
libvirt host, to query the dnsmasq interface. However external DNS
queries to the virbr2 interface time out.

The iptables firewall for this interface and port look clear.

question: How to enable external dns queries to my routed virtual network?

my config:
dnsmasq-2.66-14.el7_1.x86_64
libvirt-1.2.17-13.el7_2.3.x86_64

thanks,