[libvirt-users] stream finish throws exception via python API

Shahar Havivi shaharh at redhat.com
Sun Apr 17 12:41:20 UTC 2016

Hi,
The following snippet works fine e.g. receiving the data but when calling
stream.finish() we get the following error:

stream = con.newStream()
vol.download(stream, 0, 0, 0)
buf = stream.recv(1024)
stream.finish()

libvirt: I/O Stream Utils error : internal error: I/O helper exited abnormally
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./helpers/kvm2ovirt", line 149, in <module>
    download_volume(vol, item[1], diskno, disksitems, pksize)
  File "./helpers/kvm2ovirt", line 102, in download_volume
    stream.finish()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 5501, in finish
    if ret == -1: raise libvirtError ('virStreamFinish() failed')
libvirt.libvirtError: internal error: I/O helper exited abnormally

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you,
 Shahar.