[libvirt-users] Sharing a host directory with a Windows guest

Peter Steele pwsteele at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 20:29:52 UTC 2016

I'm running libvirt un a CentOS 7.2 host and have created a Windows 10
VM under that. I've been researching how to share a folder on my host
with the Windows guest VM but can't figure out if it's possible. I've
added the code

     <filesystem type='mount' accessmode='passthrough'>
       <driver type='path' wrpolicy='immediate'/>
       <source dir='var/lib/mydata`'/>
       <target dir='/mydata'/>
       <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x09'
function='0x0'/>
     </filesystem>

to the xml definition of my Windows VM but I assume something needs to
be configured on the VM side as well. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Peter