[libvirt-users] couple of questions about virt-v2v

cmc iucounu at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 14:18:32 UTC 2016

Hi,

I have two questions about virt-v2v that I hope someone could help with.

1. I have a host that I use to export VMs from VMWare to oVirt, as the RHEL
7 version of virt-v2v does not support W2012. When I run the
conversion/export (-o ovirt -os ovirt-srv:/mnt/export) it looks for a
bridge on the host I'm running the export for. What does it need the bridge
on the local host for?

2. When I run a conversion of a W2012 host, it reports:

"virt-v2v: warning: Neither rhev-apt.exe nor vmdp.exe can be found.  Unable
to install one of them.
virt-v2v: warning: there is no QXL driver for this version of Windows (6.2
x86_64).  virt-v2v looks for this driver in /usr/share/virtio-win"

I can't find these two exe files. I've installed the ovirt-guest-tools-iso
for FC23, and symlinked the mounted ISO to /usr/share/virtio-win, and
though the two files it is looking for are not on that ISO, I thought it
might help (it doesn't).

Can virt-v2v install such drivers, or should this just be done manually
from within the guest?

Thanks,