[libvirt-users] Mounting VM filesystem on host while VM running

Patrick PICHON patrick at pichon.me
Mon Aug 8 07:33:18 UTC 2016

Hello,

All my VMs are using LVs created on the host side.

I'm using collectd to monitor some of the ressources of my host as well
as the libvirt pluging to monitor my VMs.

Collectd has an interesting plugin ( df ) which can monitor the
filesystem usage.

I would like to use it to monitor the VMs filesytsem usage.

As it is obvious that if I mount the VM filesystem on the host while the
VM is running, I'm wondering if I could mount it in READONLY without
expecting any panic/corruption problem.

Any advices ?

Patrick