[libvirt-users] Facing problems while connecting virsh to XenServer 6.5 to import VMs to RHEV / oVirt

Anantha Raghava raghav at exzatechconsulting.com
Thu Aug 11 16:20:58 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am trying to import couple of important Virtual Machines from
XenServer 6.5 (from downloaded from xenserver.org) into RHEV / oVirt
environment. When I used the RHEV / oVirt Import Wizard, I was facing
the issues. In order to check further, I attempted to use virsh -c
ssh://root@<xenhost> command to connect and check but received the same
set of errors as in RHEV / oVirt Wizard.

I am able to connect to xen server 6.5 using ssh command without
password and even "sudo -u vdsm ssh root@<xenhost>" also works without
any issues. To dig further I, on xen server, disabled the firewall and
set SELinux to disabled and I am finding that libvirt is unable to
connect to hypervisor.

I have attached the libvirt client logs for your reference.

Can someone help me to debug this and import the VMs from Xen Server 6.5
to RHEV / oVirt? We cannot recreate these Virtual Machines as these are
critical ones and rebuilding will be a herculean task.

Thanks in advance.

--

Thanks & Regards,

Anantha Raghava