[libvirt-users] attaching storage pool error

Johan Kragsterman johan.kragsterman at capvert.se
Mon Aug 22 08:41:39 UTC 2016

Hi!

System centos7, system default libvirt version.

I've succeeded to create an npiv storage pool, which I could start without problems. Though I couldn't attach it to the vm, it throwed errors when trying. I want to boot from it, so I need it working from start. I read one of Daniel Berrange's old(2010) blogs about attaching an iScsi pool, and draw my conclusions from that. Other documentation I haven't found. Someone can point me to a more recent documentation of this?

Are there other mailing list in the libvirt/KVM communities that are more focused on storage? I'd like to know about these, if so, since I'm a storage guy, and fiddle around a lot with these things...

There are quite a few things I'd like to know about, that I doubt this list cares about, or have knowledge about, like multipath devices/pools, virtio-scsi in combination with npiv-storagepool, etc.

So anyone that can point me further....?

Rgrds Johan