[libvirt-users] Default firewall rules and forwarding to a guest

Omer Aldemir omeraldemir83 at outlook.com
Thu Dec 22 14:48:05 UTC 2016

Hello,

I am trying to understand how libvirt firewall rules are loaded as I have firewalld and iptables services are disabled.

Where is the configuration files for firewall and NAT  rules for libvirt?

How can I load default firewall rules if I mess things up

Also I have realized that followings is default

ACCEPT     all  --  0.0.0.0/0            192.168.122.0/24     ctstate RELATED,ESTABLISHED

but If I am to forward a port for a real IP to internal guest machine I need

ACCEPT     all  --  0.0.0.0/0            192.168.122.0/24     state NEW,RELATED,ESTABLISHED

(NEW state is required) and also of course a forwarding rule

iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 3389 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.122.16:3389

Is there a place I can make this rules static with LibVirt (not playing with firewalld  and/or iptables service for Centos 7)

Regards.