[libvirt-users] Libvirt-lxc packages deprecation

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Feb 24 14:39:02 UTC 2016

On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 11:41:41AM -0800, syed muhammad wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I found this thread
> <https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvirt-users/2015-August/msg00026.html>that
> talks about deprecating libvirt-lxc packages [1] [2] [3] in RHEL7.1.
>
> I am using [1] as a dependency for my application deployed on RHEL7.2
> servers. For now it works fine but I am not sure about the future RHEL
> releases.
>
> The plan of deprecation was delayed or cancelled? Can someone please share
> the latest state of this announcement?

It was deprecated in the sense that users are encouraged to use docker
on RHEL instead where possible. AFAIK, no decision has been made to
actually delete libvirt LXC from RHEL-7. It would be unlikely for it
to be deleted in an 7.x update, since that would obviously cause a
feature regression for anyone using it in current 7.x releases.

Regards,
Daniel