[libvirt-users] Amount CPU's

Quick question.

In my host, I've got two processors with each 6 cores and each core has two threads.

I use iometer to do some testings on hard drive performance.

I get the idea that using more cores give me better results in iometer. (if it will improve the speed of my guest is an other question...)

For a Windows 2012 R2 server guest, can I just give the guest 24 cores? Just to make shure the os has all the possibilities to run as quickly as possible?

Thanks in advance.

Dominique.