[libvirt-users] Question regarding networking and qemu/kvm+libvirt

Andre Goree andre at drenet.net
Mon Jan 11 21:34:50 UTC 2016

I have a question concerning the workings of networking in
qemu/kvm+libvirt -- my apologies in advance if this is the wrong mailing
list for such a question.

I have a host machine with which I'm trying to redirect network traffic
coming from a guest's NIC to a different IP.  There is a bridged adapter
on the host (without an IP configured on it) that is used by my guest's
NIC -- the IP, etc. is configured within the guest.  From what I can
tell, the traffic is not traversing iptables on the host, BUT I can see
traffic leaving the guest's NIC (on the host) using tcpdump.  I've gone
as far as logging all traffic on the vm's NIC (on the host) using
iptables just to confirm that the host's iptables is not seeing the
traffic.

I'm wondering, is this the expected behavior?  And if so, how then can
redirect specific traffic from the guest (transparently) to a different
IP?

--
Andre Goree
Email     - andre at drenet.net