[libvirt-users] API for retrieving resource metrics from VMs?

BYEONG-GI KIM kimbyeonggi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 00:19:23 UTC 2016

Hello. I'm a new getting started to learn the libvirt API.

I've tried to find APIs which retrieve resource metrics such as cpu, disk,
memory, and network I/O usages, but I could find few related thing; I was
intended to use libvirt-Java binding first, it seems I'd be better to use
the others like Python binding or C API though. The Java binding API is
likely to provide very limited API list comparing with the above APIs so
far.

So, I'd like to know which APIs can retrieve that resources from VMs. I
don't care about the language, but I really want to know whether such APIs
even exists or not.

As far as I know, cpu, memory, and network I/O seems being provided, but
I'm not sure disk usage per VMs can be obtained via libvirt API.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

bgkim