[libvirt-users] centos6.5 libvirt 1.2.14 virsh hang

Michal Privoznik mprivozn at redhat.com
Mon Jan 11 12:04:17 UTC 2016

On 08.01.2016 13:09, 王李明 wrote:
> hi all:
>
>          my environment is centos6.5
>
> libvirt version is 1.2.14-1
>
> qemu version is 1.7.0-1
>

> I use openstack create a  windows guest
>
> about two days later I run virsh list but the the process is hang
>
> virsh list can not return any thing
>
> it hang
>
> look like this:

[it's considered better practice to send just text to a mailing list
instead of pictures.]

Interesting. The pid 114979 you are attaching to - are you sure it's the
pid of libvirtd? I tend to use: "gdb -p $(pgrep libvirtd)" and I don't
have to bother with obtaining the daemon's pid.

Also, ptrace seems to have failed. Reading its manpage:

EPERM  The specified process cannot be traced.  This could be because
the tracer has insufficient privileges (the required capability is
CAP_SYS_PTRACE); unprivileged processes cannot trace processes that they
cannot send signals to or those  running set-user-ID/set-group-ID
programs, for obvious reasons.  Alternatively, the process may already
be being traced, or (on kernels before 2.6.26) be init(1) (PID 1).

Are you sure you don't lack CAP_SYS_PTRACE?

# pscap | grep $$
20740 7687  root        grep              full
20411 20740 root        bash              full

Michal