[libvirt-users] virt-viewer and virt-manager problem

Pavel Hrdina phrdina at redhat.com
Fri Jan 29 14:10:22 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 02:20:50PM +0100, Pascal Legrand wrote:
> Hello,

Hi,

> here is my problem :
> i migrated an old debian server, with kvm host and guests vm, on a new
> one  (wheezy to jessie).
> Everything worked fine on this old server.
>
> On the new server, i created a storage pool, copy the qcow2 guests files
> (from the old server) inside this storage pool, copy the xml guests
> files (from the old server) to /etc/libvirt/qemu ,
> then virsh define guests and virsh start guests.
> Every guests works fine.

You should never modify/update/create files under the /etc/libvirt/qemu
directory.  The correct way to do this is virsh dumpxml $domain > $domain.xml
and virsh define $domain.xml.

> My problem is about virt-viewer and virt-manager
> when i connect from my station to my kvm host from ssh (ssh -X
> 192.168.151.248). I cant use virt-manager or virt-user
> virt-manager display all the guests but i cant display the guest itself
> or the guest informations
> virt-viewer open a blanck window

Debug log from virt-manager (virt-manager --debug) would be helpful.  Btw: you
don't need to forwar X to your client, you can install virt-manager/virt-viewer
directly on your client station and add ssh connection.

> when i do vncviewer 192.168.151.248:5906 it works fine
>
> then i think the problem come from virt-viewer and virt-manager, but i
> cant see where is the problem.
> Does someone could help to solve this problem.

Is there anything else that you've changed, for example vnc_listen or
spice_listen in /etc/libvirt/qemu.conf?