[libvirt-users] virt-login-shell: Security model none cannot be entered

james at lottspot.com james at lottspot.com
Tue Jul 12 15:25:11 UTC 2016

Hello!

I am currently experimenting a bit with some of the LXC support under
libvirt, and in trying to utilize the tool virt-login-shell, I encounter
the following error:

[james at lxchost ~]$ virt-login-shell
libvirt:  error : argument unsupported: Security model none cannot be
entered

Though it should be apparent from the lack of error, the domain is most
definitely running.

[root at lxchost ~]# virsh -c lxc:/// list
  Id    Name                           State
  4909  james                          running

Config information:

[root at lxchost ~]# grep -vE '^(#|$)' /etc/libvirt/virt-login-shell.conf
allowed_users = [ "*" ]

OS information:

[root at lxchost ~]# cat /etc/os-release
NAME="CentOS Linux"
VERSION="7 (Core)"
ID="centos"
ID_LIKE="rhel fedora"
VERSION_ID="7"
PRETTY_NAME="CentOS Linux 7 (Core)"
ANSI_COLOR="0;31"
CPE_NAME="cpe:/o:centos:centos:7"
HOME_URL="https://www.centos.org/"
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugs.centos.org/"

Am I simply missing something here? Any tips or pointers are greatly
appreciated!