[libvirt-users] Blockpull behavior when interrupted

Andrew Martin amartin at xes-inc.com
Fri Jul 22 17:30:24 UTC 2016

----- Original Message -----

Eric,

Thanks, that was a helpful overview. To clarify, block commit is changing
the backing files,but even though it is doing that, the data is consistent
even if it is interrupted?

Reviewing the presentation brought up another question. I have been thinking
about installing qemu-guest-agent so I can use --quiese with snapshot-create-as,
however I have a couple of questions:
* does the guest agent always report back to libvirt on the host if it succeeds,
fails, or has an error when attempting to sync(2)?
* isn't it a security risk to allow the guest the ability to communicate to the
host via the guest agent port?

Also, any thoughts on utilizing ZFS snapshots in lieu of internal or external
qcow2 snapshots, at least for backup purposes? Utilizing zfs send/zfs receive
would be nice for performance when sending full image backups to a remote server.

Thanks,

Andrew