[libvirt-users] libvirtd terminates running instances after monitor's socket inode id is changed

We accidentally moved /var/lib/libvirt/qemu to another directory which is on a different disk partition, then we moved it back; however, that caused changing the inode ids of the files inside /var/lib/libvirt/qemu including the socket files ( <instance>.monitor ) of the running VMs. The problem we are facing is that when libvirtd is restarted it terminates the running VMs with  "error : qemuMonitorOpenUnix:315 : monitor socket did not show up.: Connection refused”

We are trying to find a workaround so that when libvirtd is restarted it doesn’t stop the running VMs.

We are running libvirt 0.9.13

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Gavin