Re: [libvirt-users] Network without forward mode

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 08:49:23AM +0200, Vincent Bernat wrote:
❦ 25 juillet 2016 08:44 CEST, Martin Kletzander <mkletzan redhat com> :

"Just a vnet interface, no bridge" means you want no network.  Where
should the vnet be connected?

The host is able to handle the routing. It seems I could just declare an
interface of type "ethernet" instead of "network" to get the effect I
want.

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what is the end result you are trying to
achieve.  Could you describe what are your trying to set up without
libvirt technicalities?

I have a process watching libvirt event to add a route like "ip route
add 192.0.2.147/32 dev vnet18" once the VM is spawned. The host is then
responsible for any routing to/from the VM. I don't want the VM to be
part of a bridge.

OK, yes, then you want just <interface type='X'> where X is one of
'macvtap', 'ethernet', etc., feel free to find the right one here:

https://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html#elementsNICS

--
Indent to show the logical structure of a program.