[libvirt-users] Some question about code of xenapi

netcas netcas at 163.com
Sun Jul 31 13:46:01 UTC 2016

Hello, guys! I am doing some experiment to control XenServer with libvirt, when I define a domain, it always fails and gives the following message:

error: Failed to define domain from /root/new.xml
error: internal error: Couldn't get VM information from XML

so I diving into the souce and found it always fails at network creating, and the code in libvirt-1.3.5\src\xenapi\xenapi_utils.c, line 437 is following:

        xen_vif_create(session, &vif, vif_record);
        if (!vif) {
            xen_vif_free(vif);
            xen_vif_record_free(vif_record);
            xen_network_record_free(net_rec);
            xen_network_set_free(net_set);
            return 0;
        }
        xen_vif_record_free(vif_record);
        xen_network_record_free(net_rec);
        ... ...
        return -1;

should this if be if (vif) {...}, if the vif is null, why need to free it?