[libvirt-users] libvirt can't communicate over network while creating VM

Mensik, Petr Petr.Mensik at konicaminolta.cz
Wed Jun 15 14:14:20 UTC 2016

Hello guys,

we use libvirt for dynamic creation of our VM and we do various modifications of those VMs in the process. One with I am struggling with is to signing keys of our custom repository -  "

vm.sh("wget -O - " + key_address + " | apt-key add -")" where "vm" is a GuestFS object. So I have set "vm.set_network(True)" and I have installed "dhcpcd5" package

(that's whats on Debian Jessie) on both Host OS with KVM running and VM template (because we always copy Debian template we have in order to create new VM). However according to the log libvirt is still complaining that dhcpcd is missing (line 371 in the log). I ran dhcpcd command on both machines and I've even restarted networking service - unfortunately nothing helps. So I'd like to ask you for help or at least any hints. Thanks a lot.

http://pastebin.com/d6zZG1BK

P.S. I already wrote to the #libvirt channel on IRC but nobody replied so I am trying my luck here :)

Best regards

Petr Mensík