[libvirt-users] Problem executing VM backups

Dominique Ramaekers dominique.ramaekers at cometal.be
Fri Jun 24 06:20:25 UTC 2016

It’s not difficult to use external snapshots. Just follow the info: http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Live-disk-backup-with-active-blockcommit

For me the main advantage is the ‘quiesce’ option. With this option, the guest disk caches are flushed and the guest file system is freezed until the snapshot is created. This ensures data integrity of your disk. I think there can still a risk on databases though…